Friday, January 18, 2008

Life at our house is never dull...

You will begin to learn that life is always brimming over at our house. With 3 very energetic, curious boys, we have daily excitement. Today during nap time, a time that I love...Joshie got into Brendan's gum. Brendan is a saver, and so in his pack of 60 pieces of gum, he informed that he has already eaten 13 pieces...so that would mean that he had about 45 pieces left, and I am sure that he shared a few pieces, so there were maybe 30 pieces left. Being 2, Joshie doesn't really get that you only chew gum, it is not a snack that you would swallow...and so,needless to say, he swallowed about 30 pieces of juicy fruit gum...mmm..I was concerned, so I phoned my doctor...my doctor was concerned, so he said phone poison control...I phoned poison control and they weren't concerned...When I gave Joshie's name, they said "Is he 2?"...apparently 90% of their calls are from parents with boys ages 2-3...come to think of it we have called poison control in the past, a number of times, for our 2 older boys when they were 2...anyways, Joshie will survive, he may just have interesting poop, which I am sure Keegan will find fascinating...

4 comments:

ADasa said...

I only called poison control once, for our youngest -- a GIRL who drank perfume! 40% alcohol! Yummy smelling poop for a whole week! LOL That story will come up at her wedding, I'm sure! The time when she had a hangover! D
http://bywisdomahouseisbuilt.blogspot.com/

ADasa said...

Forgot to say...she was 2! D

The Passionate Housewife said...

Oh my, that is hilarious!
Well, maybe not for you, but for other mothers of 2 year olds its always funny when it happens to someone else! :) I've been lucky with my boys on the ingesting of things, but not so lucky with the bleeding and splitting open of body parts. Ah, the life with little boys! If they are not putting something they shouldn't in their mouth, they are jumping off of things or climbing things that require full body armor!

By the way, thank-you for the very sweet, kind words on my blog.
I was touched.

Anonymous said...

in the words of my mom,"Yippee, rubber poop!!!"