Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Our Little 5 Year Old

Keegan is 5. He is in Kindergarten. He is active, spunky and lovable. He is very organized and is a little bit of a perfectionist. He chose to not colour pictures until he was 4 1/2 years old (unless, of course, he was forced to colour) and the reason was because before that time he couldn't colour in the lines. He tends to either do something right or he doesn't prefer to do it at all. So in his kindergaten workbooks he is required to read sometimes, but he never does. I just thought he couldn't, and so I didn't want to make him feel bad, and so I didn't force him. But I was surprised to find out that he actually can READ!! Yesterday he read a small book called "Tip", and he did it well and on his own! It is simple and short, but he did it! Way to go Keegan!!

No comments: