Sunday, April 6, 2008

Brendan, snow drops and woodpeckers...

Brendan is our oldest son. He is a sweetheart. He has the biggest heart and is such a charmer. He always knows when a hug is in order, and he always knows the right words to make any one feel happy. Brendan is sick. Quite sick. Our whole family, well our whole family but Bryan, has come down with a nasty bug that leaves a fever, sore ears, a sore throat and extreme tiredness...but Brendan has topped us all. He has been hit the hardest...and I feel bad for him. But today and yesterday we have actually had spring weather! I mean temperatures above 10 degrees...it is glorious. So this morning when Bryan and Keegan were at church, I took the other kids outside for a short while to soak up some sun. And guess what!! We have flowers in our yard!! Snow drops, they are so pretty! And Brendan saw a woodpecker, pecking away, getting ready to build a nest. So despite sickness, we have sun and flowers and birds!! Things are looking up!

1 comment:

RV said...

Isn't "snow drop" such a lovely name for a flower? I had to look them up on the internet because I didn't know what they looked like. I learned something new again today!

I hope everyone feels better soon! Give your Mom a big hug, Brendan :)