Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A morning walk!

We were doing home school this morning. Brendan and Keegan were right into it. They were concentrating and working hard. But Josh and Aliah...they were not cooperating. So, what is a home school mom suppose to do when the little ones decided that they need mommy more than usual?? We take a break. And since it is SPRING!!!!! We bundled up (in spring fleeces, not winter coats) and went for a walk down the trail. For those of you who don't know, we live very close to the beautiful Grand River, and the nature trails that are beside the river. The trails are picturesque. When you walk down them, you almost feel like you are up north at a camp ground...anyways, I love were we live mostly because of the trails and the river. And God has a way of bringing peace to a young family in his beautiful creation.

Here are the wonderful, God created things the kids saw this morning (and I note: it was a good teaching morning!!)
1. many buds on trees
2. a mallard duck pair
3. a beaver, and his/her dam
4. a canada goose pair
5. a red winged black bird pair
6. sea shells...well "river shells" I guess :o)
7. and Brendan and I saw Keegan and Josh holding hands...a true gift from God!!!

I love spring, our home school and my kids!

No comments: