Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I am a Blogging Delinquent

I have had a few people comment on my lack of entries this past few months, and some even wondered how we were doing. To put your minds at ease. We are all WELL!! Everyone is happy, healthy and growing. The only trouble is that we all have a bit of cabin fever, a common condition when temperatures plummet below -10 and the month of February hits. But I am sure we will survive it again this year. We have a lot of things to keep us busy.

Brendan and Keegan just competed in our home school groups poetry recital. And they both did well. Normally there is a bit of competition because a number of families join, but due to a nasty flu bug that has hit Brantford, the numbers were smaller this year. This means that both boys get to compete in the "Big Meet" on Friday. They will compete against kids from 6 other home school groups and schools. It is always a fun day. And the boys are excited!!

Joshie and Alaih are doing well too. Josh actually likes swimming lessons now and is very brave in the water. This is surprising considering our first few lessons involved a lot of tears and bribery. But now it is one of the highlights of his week. I am glad for this. Aliah is getting bigger and likes to try and keep up with the boys. She is always busy cleaning up after them and telling them to "shh" with her finger over her lips. She seems to have a bossy streak in her, and I am not really sure were she go that from :o)

Bryan is still busy with work, which is a huge blessing in itself. So even though he has to work most Saturday's as well as Monday-Friday, I am not going to complain, God has been good to us and continues to provide for us. I am also doing well, getting large, moving around much more slowly, but doing good.

So there is a brief update in a nutshell. I will be more diligent to keep you posted on ours lives here in Brantford. I better go, a few of the house bound kids need to go out before I loose all my hearing with the noise they are making...and someday I apparently will miss these sounds :o)

1 comment:

ADasa said...

Yah, I've checked here for updates...just came by to see how the boys did at the speech meet. Way to go! They did well when they practiced in front of us! Sorry we missed it. We would have loved to come but it didn't work out. Spring fever here too! Hope it comes soon! ;) D
http://bywisdomahouseisbuilt.blogspot.com/