Monday, February 4, 2008

~Mothering By Heart~

I just finished a bible study last night. A group of about 10 women, and I, studied a book by Sally Clarkson called, "The Ministry of Motherhood". What an amazing study. This author has such a heart for her family, it is so inspiring. The biggest thing that she did throughout the book was look at Christ's example of how He related with His disciples and she applied that idea to how we should deal with our children. So good!! The thought that really struck my heart was the whole idea of grace, and how it is good to extend grace to our kids, and our husbands, not that we let our kids get away with things, or our husbands (hehehe, I'm just kidding), but that we try to look at the big picture and why they might be behaving a certain way. She also encouraged us to build a relationship with our kids, even though life is busy, and can be monotonous, forming a actual friendship with our kids, and showing them Christ's love, is one of the greatest things we can do for them. I am inspired, and I pray that God will help me to be the best wife and mom I can be. I can see the changes in our family already by simply extending the hand of grace and friendship!!

1 comment:

ADasa said...

Oh this is such an important thing! I have been blessed so much by the friendships that I've had with our kids -- although I'm still their mother and guide. It's so good to be reminded of giving others grace... Good post! D