Saturday, February 23, 2008
Oh Man
Sometimes my kids are naughty. Yes it is true, I know, it is hard to believe. Just kidding. Well, when they are naughty at home, in front of Bryan and I, it is easier to handle than if they are naughty at someone else's house. Tonight we had dinner at a new friends house and our kids were wild, disobedient and very hyper. I was embarrassed and sad. I don't expect my children to be perfect, And I also know that my kids are works in progress, but I do want others to enjoy them. When we got home, I decided to do devotions, once the kids were in bed. And I was reminded of a woman named Suzanna Welsey (Charles Welsy's mom) who would sit in the corner of her kitchen and put her apron over her head. And under her apron she would pray out to God. She would probably pray for help, patience and love. And that is what I did tonight. I prayed for patience, love and to not feel shame in my children's actions. And I felt encouraged. So that is all, and I can only hope that my kids won't be so naughty tomorrow and that tomorrow will be a better day. (And hopefully our new friends will have us over again :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment