"A friend loves at all times." 17a This half of the verse is a very well known proverb. It makes me feel warm and happy. Thinking about all the friends I have been blessed with, and how loved they make me feel. The encouragement I receive from them. The way they make me feel so special. They are truly blessings from the Lord. Friends. So needed. So wonderful. So blessed. 17b says "a brother is born for a time of adversity." This got me thinking about sibling rivalry again. The bible clearly states that brothers (and sisters) are born for a time ~for a time~ of adversity, or another definition, trouble. I think God intended for there to be trouble among siblings to get them ready for adulthood, when they are surrounded by people they don't necessarily enjoy being around. If they get used to dealing with their siblings who cause adversity, in a respectable, loving way, they will hopefully live in community with their neighbors and coworkers as adults. The verse say ~for a time~ because isn't the beautiful thing about siblings that you become good friends when you are older. I remember not always getting along with my brothers when we were younger, but now now we are older and love them dearly. The time of adversity is short. Here's to my newest ray of hope in my dealings with my young children. The sibling rivalry will soon end, and they will enjoy each other as friends. So now I will direct them towards loving each other and making good memories they will cherish as adults.
Saturday, August 13, 2011
Proverbs 17:17 a and b
"A friend loves at all times." 17a This half of the verse is a very well known proverb. It makes me feel warm and happy. Thinking about all the friends I have been blessed with, and how loved they make me feel. The encouragement I receive from them. The way they make me feel so special. They are truly blessings from the Lord. Friends. So needed. So wonderful. So blessed. 17b says "a brother is born for a time of adversity." This got me thinking about sibling rivalry again. The bible clearly states that brothers (and sisters) are born for a time ~for a time~ of adversity, or another definition, trouble. I think God intended for there to be trouble among siblings to get them ready for adulthood, when they are surrounded by people they don't necessarily enjoy being around. If they get used to dealing with their siblings who cause adversity, in a respectable, loving way, they will hopefully live in community with their neighbors and coworkers as adults. The verse say ~for a time~ because isn't the beautiful thing about siblings that you become good friends when you are older. I remember not always getting along with my brothers when we were younger, but now now we are older and love them dearly. The time of adversity is short. Here's to my newest ray of hope in my dealings with my young children. The sibling rivalry will soon end, and they will enjoy each other as friends. So now I will direct them towards loving each other and making good memories they will cherish as adults.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great post!
Dawn
Post a Comment