Friday, October 10, 2008

A Random Lady

When we go grocery shopping we run into all kinds of faces. Some familiar faces, some smiling faces, some faces that look at us and clearly are saying "You're Crazy, why do you have so many kids????" But every once in a while I have an older person come up to me and say, " I had 4 too...you bring back many memories." Well toady was a different grocery shopping day. When we stopped at the meat counter, the worker said, "I wish I could help you, but clearly I can't, you have a lot of kids." But despite that, today I walked away from Zerhs feeling encouraged and blessed. Today I had a random, young, happy lady come up to me and say, "I have 5 kids...and I love it!" She then proceeded to tell me they were all teenagers now. And then she encouraged me, she said that most people would give her a hard time when they were all younger, and they would tell her she was crazy, and she told me that she wanted to encourage me because she thought it was great that we had 4! Isn't that sweet. I love when random people you don't even know encourage...I hope I can be the same as that lovely lady I met today!

1 comment:

ADasa said...

Yes, FIVE are a blessing! A busy blessing, but you'll have your restful time in a few years -- I promise! :) I'm glad you were encouraged -- I rec'd those negative comments many times too. We live in a sad world! D