Tuesday, October 21, 2008
I love days like today.
Well, I don't really like how cold it is...but on such a cold day it is so nice to have an indoor day. The day started a bit sour. The boys were naughty, our little lady was very grumpy and I was frustrated. So after everyone, including mommy, had a 10 minute time out we started school. We started with our "fun stuff", we normally do the basics first, Math, Reading, English etc...but today was a different kind of day. Right now we are learning about the Medieval Times and today we were learning all about Knight's. First we read Ephesians 6, all about the armour of God, and the boys were so excited to be Christian knight's. The whole concept of knighthood stuck a learning bone in all 3 boys, not too surprising I know...I mean all the swords and horses and jousting, it's right up their alley. But they loved it. I loved it. And little lady dreamed about it (during her nap)! We read book after book after book. And they completed 3 written activities. We did this for 2 1/2 hours straight. We then took a break for lunch and did all the basics. We had a great learning day. And we all enjoyed being together. I love days when we enjoy each other, because that is what it all about, finding joy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh I remember days like that! This, too, shall pass! Enjoy & change things up once in a while!
D
http://bywisdomahouseisbuilt.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment