Monday, September 28, 2009

Science






We are studying botany in science this year. The program is awesome. It takes on a story telling format and the kids really enjoy listening to me read all about plants. We are part of a group that meets every other Wed afternoon and all the families read the same material at home. We then get together to do experiments. Last Thursday we read all about moss and lichen (at home)and decided to go to the trails to find some "non-porous" plants. It was a good home school day! I love being unconventional with learning because I feel like the kids learn a ton exploring God's creation! I hope you enjoyed the photos.

1 comment:

Robin Saylor said...

We're doing the same thing!
We just built our "green house". I love those books - we did the animals one last year.
Glad to hear you are off to a good start with the school year!