Thursday, July 23, 2009

His First Hit

Keegan and Brendan are playing baseball this summer in the city league. It has been great! The coaches are very encouraging and the boys are learning a lot. We have been impressed. Brendan has done very well, he hits the ball every time he is up to bat. Keegan has done well too, but hasn't had a hit...until last night!! He received some new batting gloves for his birthday, and apparnetly they gave him a little extra confidence, because now he thinks he "looks" like a real baseball player. He was up to bat twice and hit the ball both times!! The first hit he had, he just stood at home plate, he forgot to run. I think he was amazed and shocked that he finally hit the ball. His coaches and teammates were so excited for him. So were his mom and dad. Even one of the other moms, who we have met only through baseball, came running over to Bryan and I to give us a high five!! It was so neat to see how everyone was so happy and proud of our boy. On the way home, we were all really excited for Keegan, but he just sat there calmly and said, "I knew I was going to hit the ball". YAY Keegan!! As a parent you always have a desire for you child to succeed or to do well, and your heart breaks when they are discouraged, it is beautiful to see our little boy so happy, even if he isn't jumping up and down, we know he's pleased!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

woohoo!!!! Way to go Keegan!!!! congrats on the hit! =D

The Passionate Housewife said...

You are now life with 7!!

Its been awhile since I have been here lol.

Congrats to your little guy..it feels so good to watch our kids succeed!