Friday, April 3, 2009

Our 8 1/2 year old...

I feel like our Brendan doesn't get enough press. Joshie is at a really cute stage and says really cute things, so there is a lot to write about him. Keegan is spunky as ever, and the stories never, I mean never end with him. And Aliah is the baby, she is always changing and something is always new with her. And then there is sweet Brendan. Sweet Brendan. God knows exactly what we need and in His grace, He gives it to us. God knew I needed Brendan. He has his moments, but they are rare. For the most part, he is steady and quiet and very helpful. And he loves babies and babies love him. When the little kids are crabby and there is nothing more that mommy can do, and mommy feels like she needs to get out of the room our she will become crabby, Brendan always is right there to help me out. He takes the cranky baby and snuggles them, plays with them or reads them stories. And he does this on his own intuition. He is a dream come true for this momma. Of course, all my children are wonderful...but this is one particular boy I could not live without.

2 comments:

ADasa said...

I love that pic! Are those two related or what??!!

I've enjoyed my chats w/ Brendan -- he's growing up!! Hard to believe I used to push his buggy while he slept as a baby!
D
http://bywisdomahouseisbuilt.blogspot.com/

sarah. said...

What a beautiful picture, Susanne!

I can't believe how big Brendan is! I haven't seen him in years... He was the most adorable baby!

How wonderful that he has a caring heart.